24 Nisan 2012 Salı

Details, Details, Details

To contact us Click HERE
I got energetic and washed my car last night after work. The weather was very nice so I spent extra time cleaning in all the grooves and crevices inside the car and ‘detailing’ the exterior. Once I got in that mind set and my focus went closer, I kept seeing more things that could be cleaned. When I finished I stood back and thought: Niiice!!!…I could tell that this was not an ordinary car wash job.
Sample Robe Hook

I am having trouble thinking of the correct phrase (after all, this is my second language!). “The pudding is in the details”, “the magic is in the details”, ugh! Anyway, you get my drift; the difference in the quality of the end result of any project is the level of attention to detail. I have been involved my share of hotel renovations in my hotel career (I was going to put in the number of years but it’s a scary number!). The scope of the projects varied but in every case it quickly became evident as we did the work, that there are many little things that had to be addressed. Then as now, the choice is to over-look them and let them ‘blend’ in with the new things being installed or to “sweat the details” and include “the little things” in the scope of the project. Doing so will make a difference when we (and our guests) step back and look at the end result! 
Clever New Security Latch
I have been impressed with the team at our corporate office that has been driving our renovation plans and execution. Shawn Doyle, Kim Tjoe and Christine Bacon are drilling down into the nuts and bolts of the room renovation. They have diligently ‘walked through’ every area of the project, considering the small things that may be over-looked in a project this size. Door hinges, door viewers, security latches, towel racks, robe hooks, and many other items are being considered carefully. A plethora of samples has paraded through all our offices and installed in the sample rooms until, just the right items is found. Addressing these items incrementally increases the cost of the renovation but it dramatically improves the result. We could change the carpet, lights, wall vinyl, etc. and leave the old room hinges. It would look good but not as good as when you install new ones. Yet, somebody looking at that may not be able to pin-point the difference, but would definitely notice that something is different and better. The difference is in the details!

Bathroom Door Handle


Inkeeping with inn keeping,Javier  
Door Viewer




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder